Our key areas of improvement focus on site energy efficiency, our use of raw materials & packaging and waste management. Specifically, we plan to:
- Monitor & manage our utilities through the use of energy and water efficient fixtures, fittings & equipment.
- When upgrading, specify high energy and water efficient equipment.
- Ensure all employees understand the importance of good environmental stewardship, and deliver regular training to support this.
- Record electricity, water and gas consumption to identify waste and gauge the effectiveness of improvements made.
- Minimise waste to landfill through implementing the waste hierarchy in all we do, providing segregated facilities for recycling.
- Source a higher percentage of recycled content packaging.
- Monitor our effluent discharge, ensuring we stay with permitted parameters.
- Wherever possible support local trades and suppliers, reducing mileage and increasing our contribution to the local economy.
- Employ locally and invest in our workforce.